Tuesday, February 22, 2011

City Trip

We decided to make a trip to the city for a post-Valentine's/kind-of Valentine's date; as to avoid crowded restaurants and because I have *Tuesday* off at the store. The trip on the train is pretty incredible with the mountain, snow and broken up ice landscape. The warmth from sunlight against a window is one of my favorite things, and combined with the view, it doesn't make for too bad of a commute.

It's a strange thing. Heading to the city. I don't have to make the venture every day like many Beaconite - New York City workers. So to me.. it still brings up some opposing feelings, a mix of familiarity and foreignness. Not too long ago, once upon a time the summer before last summer, we were making the opposite trip. Now we're the people from upstate.

As for our trip, we went to a fondue place in the East Village called Taureau, where I was impressed with combinations that most fondue places do not offer. Then to the movies at Union Square, and lastly, met up with my friend at Beauty Bar, who I have not seen in half a year! How does that happen. Some photos..

pic

pic

pic

pic

pic

pic

pic

pic

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails