Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love / Hate Event

This past weekend we held our Love / Hate event. We accepted anonymous letters and put a typewriter out for use in accomplishing this task. Weren't exactly sure how to display the letters, but (seen below) is what came to play the night before. Worked out very nicely. It's so fun reading the different letters. I would love to do another similar event in the future. This was one of the more unique events I've held, and now my brain is ticking, thinking of new ways to top it. Feel free to comment if you have any event ideas!

One thing that is in the works is a one year anniversary event. Yes. I have been here almost one year. I cannot believe it either. So much has happened, yet I feel somewhat in limbo. I guess a business is always improving and changing though. But can you believe I don't have a proper logo yet? It has to be just right! Just right is tough though.. I think I need to start pestering my boyfriend (who can draw) so we can sit down and come up with something, because it's about time.

Anyway, now that i am outing myself as a bad business owner, enjoy the photos of the event below. I am waiting on some shots from the dance party that was held at The Coffee Shoppe. I present.. the letters:

pic

pic

pic

pic

pic

pic

Rearranged the shop a bit. That's a Liberty of London Shawl on the shelf. Below are a few gold clutches and these lovely fur collars that someone found in their mother's old hope chest. Variety of vintage purses on the shelves.

pic

Not the best shot of these, but I (and some friendly-friends) labored over sewing the heart garland seen above. I used Valentine theme scrap book paper and old newspaper. It's a nice mix to go with the light/dark theme.

pic

Apologies for the angry look, but here I am taking a non pink and red approach on valentine's day, while still keeping with the cutesy theme. I am wearing a vintage gold heart with floral print necklace (no close up shot, but it's one of my heirloom pieces), a black sheer polka-dot top over a tank top from Urban (bought years ago, but still holding on to), a floofy (sorry, I like this word) ballerina skirt from Forever 21, some cute tights with a bow print (Etsy), plus my vintage black boots and a cardigan to stay warm.

Hope you enjoyed the post! Come check out the show if you're in the area. I don't have an event planned for March, so I may be keeping this up till at least 2nd Sat in March.

1 comment:

Nico said...

cute outfit! wish I could've came to the event.

Related Posts with Thumbnails