Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How to Wear Maxi Skirts

pic

The maxi skirt trend isn't brand new, but it does seem to be coming out in full-force this season. I posted a maxi skirt outfit the other day and I was never a huge fan of the way it was styled. I just saw an article on Refinery 29 about different ways to wear them, so I thought I'd share.

pic


Here's a little summary- A maxi skirt is already a pretty powerful fashion statement, so you're best bet is to tone it down with something more basic and neutral. A cropped sweater or top works well, a tied crop top is especially sweet. Because the maxi skirt is so long, you can wear pretty much anything tucked into it including a tunic or bathing suit. If you're wearing a voluminous maxi skirt, don't be afraid to also wear a loose fitting shirt. Color blocking is also a huge trend for spring/summer and is easy to pull off with a basic color maxi skirt and top.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails