Friday, June 22, 2012

My Week Recap 6/18/2012



1 & 2. Still trying to incorporate cleanse "principals" into my diet.. Basically eating a filling healthy breakfast and bringing a healthy filling lunch to my shop. I am loving kale salads for lunch. There are a lot of different recipes, but I really like using olive oil, apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard as a dressing. I add in whatever veggies I have, nuts (sunflower, pumpkin, almond), and dried fruit. I've never tried eating a sweet potato for breakfast before the cleanse. This one I popped into the oven (wash, prick and wrap in foil, cook for about 60 mins at 350 for it to be nice and mushy) as soon as I got up so it was ready for breakfast. I filled it with toasted nuts (pecans are the best!) and craisins, with cinnamon apples on the side.




3, 4, & 5. All finds (minus cat) from the annual city wide garage sale. All of these items are from the same house actually. Lot's of great little vintage fabric and vintage Christmas decorations. Also I couldn't pass up this 1935 baby name book!


I went to the little beach in Cold Spring, about 15 minutes south of us. Above is a cheesy photo op from that day. I forgot to post the rest of our photos, but we basically played fetch with Sterling and enjoyed the view.


My friend Jess is leaving me! She's moving upstate a bit but will hopefully be visiting Beacon often. Here is her and her favorite species at her going away party.




What are these crazy photos you ask? Well after the little get together for Jess, I was randomly invited to something called CoSM. It was a visual experience to say the least. My favorite part was walking up the road in the dark woods, with just hints of laser popping through the trees and dance music in the distance. Felt like I was in another world, no drugs necessary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet potato for breakfast sounds so good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails