Saturday, June 23, 2012

Making Barnacles, Decorating Windows






Just a few photo teasers of the new windows. It was first suggested by my friend that I do a nautical theme window display. Next friend suggested I hang some rope from the ceiling. I went from there. It always takes a couple ideas to jump start the creative process for me because there are so many possibilities! And it has to be an easily executable possibility. I was also most definitely inspired by Anthropologie as always. We used coffee filters to make a sort of art installation of "barnacles/coral". Stop by to see it in person!

The last photo shows a little preview of the other window. It can be tough dealing with 2 windows. They are also an odd shape. I want them to look nice from the front street view, but then also have things angle from the side view. You can see here we put up paper and painted it to imitate the ocean and then cut out cellophane in the shape of a wave. The cellophane was layered to give more color depth and texture, but it was too wrinkly for my liking, and not in a cool texture wave wrinkle kind of way. After about 4 attempts to fix it, my boyfriend took it down and painted instead! I'll post pictures of it in it's completion very soon.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

Very creative!
Martha Stewart watch out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails