Thursday, June 7, 2012

Week Recap

A little late on this recap, it's actually of the week before last week, but here it is:




I bought my boyfriend a blow up kayak for Christmas. It seems kind of strange, but I figured it would take up less space and it had great reviews on amazon. We actually have a kayak launch in Beacon now, right by the train station. I just learned you can store your kayak there (for a fee of course), but it's another good option if we end up annoyed with the extra effort of pumping and unpumping a kayak full of air.

We made the mistake of putting the seats in "backwards" so that the skeg (which helps keep you going the way you want to go) was in the front. We had an embarrassing ride almost getting caught in fishing lines, but after we figured that one out, we were all good to go. We stopped on a little rocky beach and took in the mountain views (I'll never get over the views in this area).


I went to a little bbq on Memorial day. I started a cleanse right before this weekend, where you don't drink alcohol and are very limited in food choices, so it was tough being faced with all those delicious looking beers and chips (things are so much more delicious looking when you can't have them), but I did it! I'm on week 3 now. I'll write more about that later.





Along with the cleanse, I also started to work out a little. I really really needed to. My friend Lena and I are doing Jillian Michael's workouts, which are a quick, but painful, 20 minutes. My cat Sushi likes to join us sometimes, although she only seems to be into yoga. Afterwards, we juice (which is the breakfast part of my cleanse, it's not an all juice cleanse and actually it's only supposed to be for the 1st week, but I've carried on the habit). And after that we went for a nice little dip since summer decided to come early.


I also took the opportunity to blow up my new kiddie pool. This thing is pretty awesome for a cool down. Doesn't compare to my neighbors huge in-ground pool that I will own one day... but this will suffice for now!


Lastly, I went to my first drive in movie! Or at least first that I can remember going to (I have a faint memory of going when I was a little one). The ground was wet and it was cold so we couldn't sit outside for too long, but I am excited about attending more of these in the future. My boyfriend is especially pleased at the idea of a personal "quiet theater".

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails