Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Windows, Here They Are!











 Photos by Courtney Scalzo


As promised, some better photos of my summer shop windows! My intern Ngoc started by painting the windows with regular acrylic paint. It's pretty easy to get this stuff off windows, you just get it wet and scrap it off. It's a nice little non permanent, yet lasting, idea to be used in your home on any windows or glass surface.

Next she made the backdrop for the blue window by painting regular poster paper (in a roll, bought from Michaels Craft store) with a sponge brush. I really like the texture feel of it, it reminds me of fabric. To achieve this she just watered down the paint. I bought the rope from Home Depot and the little nautical accessories were on sale at Michaels.

To make the coral, we just used 2 coffee filters, folded them in half, cut the tips off, and stapled for a dart effect. Then turned inside out, we poked our fingers in them by the staples to puff them out a bit before painting them with watered down acrylic paint. The white ones really remind me a of jellyfish. You could make a cute mobile or something similar out of them!

The white hanging balls were pre-made from Michaels, I wish they had LED lights in them, but they are simple and pretty alone. I used shells, coral, and driftwood from my own beach ventures to further accent, and threw the vintage sewing machine in there because it's so darn cool and works the fashion angle of the shop ; ).

That's about it. Like I always say, they look nicer in person, so visit soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails