Friday, December 10, 2010

1 Year in Beacon

So this past week marked the official one year anniversary of me living in Beacon! It seems like a lot longer, yet these pictures really take me back.

Pretty much packed up at the old apartment in Greenpoint, Brooklyn-
pic

pic

Moving day! Friends taking a break..
pic

Luckily we had space for a moving truck.
pic

Yes, my boyfriend has a pacman/galaga game and that's his butt.
pic

Goodbye old apartment on a 1st floor busy street.
pic

Hello trees.
pic


And mountain views..
pic

We finished the move with pizza on the floor.
pic

Woke up to an empty bedroom..
pic

And our mountain view.
pic

I definitely still miss the city sometimes but ultimately I like fresh air, grass, and space. And, I can jump on the train and head to the city when I please.

The first time we visited Beacon was to look at houses and we never really explored until we moved here. It has not disappointed. Beacon you are pretty great.

ps. this reminds me, there was snow on the ground last year when we moved and there have only been a couple tiny flurries here and there this year so far, but I'm looking out my store door now and I see snow! Full circle. Us Rochestarians are used to our snow.

2 comments:

jesse.anne.o said...

I always wonder if I'll like it elsewhere better than here. Part of me can't see moving out of Brooklyn but the other part of me - that loves a larger living space and greenery - can definitely see it. It's good to know you don't have many regrets! I think about moving at least once a month.

I just tagged you for a 7 Things thingie, if you want to do it:

http://jesseanneo.blogspot.com/2010/12/7-things-about-me-stupid-school-years.html

Blackbird Attic said...

yeah they usually say you either love or hate the city, but me.. i am so complicated, i love and hate it. this area definitely helps with my anxiety level though and that's pretty important ; )

Related Posts with Thumbnails